Hospitality has long been known for creating memorable experiences, fostering a welcoming environment, and providing unsurpassed service. Another pillar of hospitality that has always been there, though not often in the spotlight, superior cleanliness. Throughout the Synergy Hospitality Management portfolio, we have always had a high standard for cleaning, but with the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are raising the bar.
A new sense of comfort
Our already demanding standards have been elevated to provide a new sense of comfort and assurance to guests that are setting out to travel once again. While some of the activities will be visibly new to our guests, we believe that this is just the beginning on how we are changing the standards.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington (Fort Washington, PA) and the Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport (East Elmhurst, NY), will both participate in Hilton’s roll out of CleanStay, a program that builds upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene at Hilton properties worldwide, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. For more information on the initiative, please visit Hilton’s CleanStay.
- The Courtyard by Marriott Wilkes-Barre Arena (Wilkes-Barre, PA) will fully embrace the initiatives set forth by Marriott International. Marriott has created the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council, which is focused on developing the next level of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors that are designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for consumers and Marriott associates alike. For more information on the initiative, please visit Marriott’s site for Global Cleanliness Council.
- The Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Brandywine Valley (Glen Mills, PA) will follow the guidance and recommendations set by IHG. IHG has activated response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance and guidance to its hotels. For more information on the initiative, please visit IHG’s COVID-19 response page.
- The LaGuardia Plaza Hotel (East Elmhurst, NY), has adopted the Safe Stay initiative set forth by American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA). Safe Stay is a new initiative focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols, while ensuring transparency throughout the guest journey. For more information on the initiative, please visit AHLA’s Stay Safe
“We aim to give a sense of comfort to our guests and associates. As work and travel resume, we want to provide the best possible environment for those that matter most to us.” Stephen Field, President, Synergy Hospitality Management
These initiatives create an additional focus on cleanliness that will be more visible to guests throughout our Hotels. While the initiatives have varying components and requirements, some recurring standards and additions to our cleaning procedures include:
- Increased Cleaning Frequency: In addition to our standard cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces at thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants, this cleaning will be done with increased frequency.
- High-Touch Surfaces: Extra attention on light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
- De-cluttering In-Room Amenities: We are removing pens, paper and guest directories from the rooms.
- Guest-Accessible Sanitation: We will provide guest accessible stations at primary entrances and key high traffic areas.
- Physical Distancing and Queuing: To support recommended social distancing we will be removing or re-arranging furniture in public areas to allow for more space. Signage will also be throughout the hotel to manage guest and associate interactions.
These initiatives are not only for our guests but also for our associates; our heroes in hospitality. Now, more than ever, we are truly in this together and we want to provide a safe travel and working environment. By caring for our team members, we care for our communities where we live and work. Things may continue to change, but one thing is certain, we will continue to rise to the challenge. So, when it is time to travel again, we look forward to welcoming our guests back. To learn more about Synergy’s COVID-19 response efforts, please contact Stephen Field at Stephen.Field@synergyhotels.com.